Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Idk my bff Jill?

Although this is one of my favorite commercials, I truly worry about all of our children's social interaction whether it's texting, IMing or emailing. For adults, we have already been (hopefully) taught proper grammer and sentence structure.

We for the most part know how to spell. I force myself to expand my emails and not use Txt speak - , ..., ROFLOL and abbreviations because of the reflection on my work.

But young children saving seconds off of their messages, and strokes off of their phone tapping have evolved into a synopsis of a SCRAMBLE game.

Perhaps as phones become smarter and finish the words for the user, The young reader/viewer will still assemble in their minds the proper way to communicate. I lv txtng, but I miss words and thoughts that flow.

GTG

No comments: