Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Parking Wise, Time Foolish

Sure I'll wait. Don't hurry on my account. I only need to get to work before 2011. It's OK, I understand why you wouldn't want to just pull into a parking space, but rather stop all modern day traffic and back into it so you can make a clean getaway at the end of the day.

Forget the fact that it had to be the worse T-turn, reverse, slowly inch-by-inch back into a space made for compact, parking spot maneuver I have ever seen, there must be some method to your rear facing madness. Right now, I am clocking you at a a minute-thirty to pull in that 1995 gem of a car you have decided needs to face out towards the world instead of in like the other 1000 cars. I am not a conformist either, but explain the fact you spent 3x more time manipulating your car around than you are ever going to save to Exit later today.

Unless you just robbed a bank, have tickets to the Jonas Brothers concert or are late for a blood transfusion, I think it is more than adequate to just park that 4-cylinder generic version of a Taurus headfirst into the spot and let the rest of us do what we do best, pass you on the way to a better spot near the entrance. On my way in, I'll put a bumper sticker on your front bumper that reads, "Honk, if you see me wasting your day."

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

This is actually a safety first manevure...in case of an emergency your fist move should always be forward :)