Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Getting Sick over Health Benefits


Healthcare registration, the wonder of it all. I just want someone to explain to me why even if I have 7 choices for healthcare that not one of them has apples to apples comparison that makes sense to any adult with an aptitude for comprehension. In-Network, Out of pocket, HMO, PPO, PPS CDHP HSA, PCP makes me want to enroll in the EAP and pay a deductible for my ADHD diagnosis from not understanding if I'm a member, brand name, generic, short-term rehab candidate or just a referral to an outpatient pre-admission testing facility. Let's redefine Healthcare Reform. List all the services and needs a person and family can utilize in a year. Offer subscription service like the music industry and after a year if I don't even get a blood test..Pay me $5,000 for being too sick to call my doctor when I had a stroke reading your small print.

No comments: